Sunday, May 27, 2018

SIMPLE Water Color Technique / SMOOSH!


Happy Little Stampers offers DOUBLE the prize
if you use their products. 

(You'll also want to check their rules, cause I know you're not a cheater pants)

This challenge was watercolor and you could also go with a twist of making it a CAS card. 

CAS - Clean and Simple. Having one focal point and lots of white space!!

SMOOSHING TECHNIQUE - 
1. smash some ink colors onto an acrylic block


2. spray said colors until they bead up on the block

3. SMOOSH!! that onto your card front

4. Lift and dab as needed
(If you're generation X, dab means to lift up some of the color, it is not a dance move, winky face)

Here is the card I created with my watercolor background!
I also added some solid black flowers
for a really stunning effect!


Try different inks, daubers, and other ways of inking your block for different effects and
HAVE FUN!!

See you next post!


4 comments:

  1. These are the techniques I need. I am so anxious to get started using them. Courage to branch out is my problem. I have been a cut and dried person, but you and your blog and YouTube posts are giving me more courage to try! Thanks, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Dee! you can do it my friend! Thank you SO MUCH for taking time to comment. You're the best! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vibrant colorful smooshed background. Thanks for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and so full of amazing colour. Thanks for sharing at HLS.

    ReplyDelete